Banana Chocolate French Toast
We have put so much love into this Banana Chocolate French Toast recipe, it tastes delicious and it’s one for the kids to serve up to mum in bed on her special day. This allergen friendly version taste just like the real deal, you wouldn’t know it had zero eggs and made with gluten free bread.
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Vegan & Dairy Free option
- 1 cup milk (Vegan/Dairy Free option use dairy free milk -ie. Rice, soy, coconut)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices gluten free bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 x 105g The Rocky Road House Milk Crispy Crunch Block of Chocolate – (Vegan/Dairy Free option use 2 x 105g The Rocky Road House Dark Crispy Crunch Block of Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees celsius.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bowl.
- Mix together the milk, vanilla and sugar and transfer into a small bowl (large enough to lay a piece of bread flat in)
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat. Place one piece of bread in the bowl with the milk and sugar mixture and coat both sides and then place in the frypan.
- Cook the toast until it begins to brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- As each piece is done, place on a baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
- Slice the Bananas about 1/2-inch thick.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in twenty-second bursts until melted
- Place one piece of French Toast on a plate, layer with Banana Slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with melted Chocolate. Top with another slice of toast.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve
Receive 10% OFF your first order when you subscribe to receive our monthly recipes (signup via the homepage)
Want to make it with us? Check out our video below